KSVS leads the development and growth of seed industry in Korea.
- Adaptability Test for 7 crops have been conducted in China, India, Indonesia and Vietnam.
Enhancement of competitiveness of domestic seed business
Supporting domestic seed business for seed industry competitiveness and cooperating with international organization so that contributes to development of seed industry. Specifically, KSVS is in charge of management of seed marketing.
Assistance in exporting of seeds
- Conducting exhibitions of varieties overseas, KSVS promotes exporting of domestically bred varieties.
- KSVS participates in [Korean Seed Export Cooperation].
Establishment of foundation for seed business
KSVS financially supports farms and strives to prevent any leakage with domestically developed seeds.
Support to breeding of new varietiesor seed business
- KSVS supports small-scale breeders financially.
- KSVS conducts [Korea Variety Award] to encourage breeding of new and better varieties.
Presidential Prize (1), Prime Minister Prize (2), MAFRA Minister Prize (5)